Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Oldest African American Couple Alive!


Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher (seen above) always viewed marriage as meant to be forever. So, why wouldn’t they still be married after 84 years? 

The Craven County, N.C., couple at 103 and 102 years old, is the longest living married couple in the world and they have the certificate from the Guinness World Records to prove it!

Their granddaughter Iris Godette submitted their names to the Guinness, which authenticated their claim. 

Zelmyra who uses a walker to get around the house and the yard, still remembers why she decided to marry Herbert on May 13, 1924:  


“He was not mean; he was not a fighter,” she told the Sun Journal, “He was quiet and kind. He was not much to look at, but he was sweet.”

Talk about true love to the end of time!

2009 LA

8 comments:

  1. I hope that 1 day that I 2 will have an everlasting relationship.It is wonderful 2 know that a man can be so dedicated 2 (1) woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say a big well done to be married for such a long time to the Fisher couple. They look very good for their age and its true when its be said "Black don't Crack!" I really do hope that they have God in their lives. it will be very sad to have lived for so long and to leave this world without salvation. wishing them a long and Spiritual life. (by: Empress of Gospel)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that this couple had to have had GOD in their lives. AGAPA love comes from GOD and they prove that they have it by staying committed to their promise. TO love all the days of their lives. Thats true love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. covenant..god establish life and death..in life thank god for covenant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I cant even last a month with my bf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you guys ,i did too wish i would last. I only have been married for 19 teen years. Bless you all to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to
    be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.
    I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!


    Here is my web page Dung

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your visits! You keep my fingers busy, of course in a GREAT way! Stay tuned. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I appreciate you!